Banana Bread Cheesecake Skillet
Are you a fan of banana bread? How about banana bread with chocolate chips? How about banana bread with chocolate chips that gets swirled with cheesecake? Welcome to this incredible skillet recipe. Of course you can make it in a cake pan but I am not sure the presentation would be equally as fun! The melted chocolate on top is optional. It’s a fabulous idea, but of course is not nevessary. If that seems too rich for you just omit that part! This would be a real show stopper at your next brunch! You may also like Double Chocolate Banana Bread With Ganache!
- Pam spray
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- ⅔ c. light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 T. melted butter
- 1 tsp.vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. mini semisweet chocolate chips (plus extra to sprinkle on the cheesecake dollops)
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 T. sugar
- 2 T. flour
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ c. melted chocolate, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 10" oven safe skillet with cooking spray. (I used cast iron)
- In a bowl, mash bananas.
- Add sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla, whisking.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and stir.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- In a mixer, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, flour, and salt.
- Add banana bread batter to skillet.
- Dollop on the cheesecake batter, add more chips and swirl with a knife.
- Bake approx 30 mins.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
Adapted from Delish