Let those bananas start ripening…this bread is KILLER! Rich, full of chocolate ad topped with ganache it is just about the perfect afternoon treat! It’s even a great breakfast because it is made with bananas and they are healthy, right? This recipe comes from a special friend of mine at Spend With Pennies. Hop over and you’ll love her recipes!
Double Chocolate Banana Bread With Ganache
- 1½ c flour
- ½ c cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ c light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 small bananas (1⅓c), mashed well
- ½c. chocolate chips
- ¼ c. half and half
- 2T. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. butter
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 6 T. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs.
- Add bananas and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Fold in chips and pour into pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 15 mins and remove from pan onto a cooling rack.
- Heat cream and brown sugar in a saucepan just until it stats to bubble on the edges.
- Add vanilla.
- Add butter.
- Once butter melts, shut the heat.
- Add chocolate chip and do no stir them for 2 minutes.
- Whisk gently until smooth
- Let cool and then drizzle over the banana bread.
This sounds great and for an experienced baker it is obvious, but just to make it fool proof, you may want to add the steps where you add the first 4 ingredients.
Yes – when does the flour come into it please? 🙂
Po @ Frost and Serve says
Chocolate banana bread? Why didn’t I think of that?? LOL. I recently made banana cake, and I want to try more recipes with banana in it. Thanks for the idea! 🙂
Po @ Frost and Serve recently posted…Cinnamon French Toast Sticks Recipe
This truls sounds so good! Pinning to try later! Thank you for sharing! Cheers!