Love bananas foster? Then, this bananas foster trifle is a must make. Using some store bought items can make this super easy, too! Of course, instead of store bought pound cake and cream you can always make your own!!! And, if you love bananas foster you’ll also want to check out my bananas foster cheesecake!!
Bananas Foster Trifle
- 2 Sara Lee pound cakes Or click here to bake your own
- 2 containers cool whip Or click here to make your own
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding prepared according to package directions
- One batch Bananas Foster recipe below
- half gallon vanilla ice cream
- 8-9 bananas
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1 ⅓ cups light brown sugar next time I may try dark brown sugar for a richer color
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add sugar and whisk in until smooth. Slice bananas on a diagonal and add to skillet. Stir gently to coat. Transfer gently to a plate to cool.
- Cut pound cake into small squares and lay in trifle dish.
- Add some pudding and then some cream
- Pour on some of the cooled bananas
- Repeat layers until you reach the top. Reserve a few bananas
- Make cream the final top layer.
- Top this layer with scoops of of ice cream and pour on the reserved bananas. Serve quickly!!!!!
Not in a trifle mood? Here is another serving idea!