Birthday Cake for Dogs
It was Creampuff’s 1st birthday and he deserved an outrageous cake. I think he approved because he sure looked happy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 6 inch cake pan and an 8 inch and line with parchment. Grease again.
- In a bowl mix together vegetable oil, peanut butter, applesauce and pumpkin puree.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda.
- Pour into pans and bake until toothpick comes out clean. Keep a close eye because the 6 inch will be done first. Start checking at 22-25 mins.
- Mix Greek yogurt and peanut butter to combine.
- Layer cakes with frosting between and on top.
- Decorate with biscuits.
- Keep in fridge and check with your vet to make sure the ingredients are safe for your pup!
Adapted from Love From the Oven