STEP 1 -MAKE BISCOFF CRUST
Crush 20 Biscoff cookies, add 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, and then mix with 4 tablespoons melted butter. Press into 9 inch springform pan and bake at 325 for 9 minutes. Cool
STEP 2-MAKE FILLING
3 eight-ounce packages of cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup + 2 tablespoons Biscoff spread
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs, room temperature
16 Biscoff cookies, broken into pieces
1. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Biscoff spread on medium until light and fluffy. On low, slowly add the sugar and then the vanilla, beating until smooth and creamy. Now, add the room temperature eggs, but don’t overmix! Overmixing can lead to a cracked cheesecake. Fold in the cookie pieces.
2. Pour cheesecake filling over the crust and bake for about 50 minutes – 1 hour, still at 325°F / 160°C. Don’t open that oven door, especially during the first 30 minutes! At 50 minutes, check it. The middle should just jiggle a little.
3. Turn off the oven, open the oven door (not all the way), and let it cool. I ususally let mine cool in there for about two hours.
4. Take the cheesecake out of the oven, cool to room temperature, and then cool in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
adapted from Texanerin.com
For the BEST Homemade Caramel:
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (I OMITTED THIS)
1/2 teaspoon salt, kosher or sea
1. Combine the sugar, water, and the corn syrup in a large saucepan and stir with a wooden spoon over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Cover the saucepan and let it cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
3. After 3 minutes, remove the lid, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
4. Do not stir from this point on, but instead swirl the liquid around the pan so that the caramel doesn’t burn.
5. Continue to cook until the caramel turns an even amber color then remove from the heat and let stand for about 30 seconds.
6. *** Be careful here *** Pour the heavy cream into the mixture. The mixture will bubble up significantly and is very hot.
7. Stir the mixture, again being careful. Add the butter, lemon juice (IF USING), and salt. Stir until combined.