A brownie plus a chocolate chip cookie baked together as one is also known as a Brookie. This is quite possible the most perfect treat! These can be made in a special Brookie Pan for the perfect touch!
Brownie and Cookies Baked as One
- 1⅔ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter plus 1 extra Tablespoon
- 1¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan or brookie pan.
- Combine granulated sugar, butter and water in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture. Divide among the 6 brookie spots in the pan. Chill 1 hour.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk constantly until the butter begins to brown. Takes several minutes.
- Remove heat once brown and smelling nutty and yummy and pour into mixer bowl.
- Let cool a few minutes.
- Beat the butter and sugars.
- Add the egg, yolk, vanilla. Add the dry ingredients.
- Fold in all of the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 6 large scoops and shape into circular disks. Chill 1 hour.
- Lay cookies on top of brownies in the centers.
- Bake at 375 about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool before removing. Serve with ice cream & chocolate sauce or eat as is!!!!