These scrumptious blondies are brought over the top with the addition of white chocolate chips and melted butterscotch in the batter! You may just find yourself eating the batter right out of the bowl. Shhhh, I won’t tell. Want to really make someone happy? Serve this dessert dripping with some homemade salted caramel sauce. I can guarantee they will be smiling!
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips, melted carefully in microwave at 70% power until smooth
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line an 8×8 pan with nonstick foil.
- In mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- On low, add melted butterscotch chips and mix until smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- Still on low, add baking soda, salt and flour.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and cut.
- Top with caramel if desired-recipe here
Adapted from COOKIES AND CUPS