Candy Land…What Dreams Are Made of!
Ahhhhh, Candy!! Doesn’t it just make you smile? Lollipops, Sixlets, Whoppers, M&Ms, Heart Candies, Kit Kats. Yup, clearly a kid’s dream! You can modify this cake any way you’d like to incorporate your favorite candies. Try this for your next kiddie party, playdate or birthday! Just remember, a sliver will do ya! Otherwise, the kids may be climbing the walls! I used a box mix cake to speed this cake up and get to the best part….the decorating. Of course, you can use a homemade cake with freshly made frosting.
DIRECTIONS: So, so easy! Make any 2 layer cake and frost in the middle, on top and sides. Stick on your kitkats, tie on a ribbon and fill the center with m &m’s/candies. Now, how easy is THAT????!!!!
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- Assorted Candies (I used whoppers, M&Ms, sixlets, lollis)
- Kit Kats (approx 12 full size bars to wrap around)
- Bake the cake according to the box directions in two 8 inch pans.
- Cool completely.
- Frost the layers on a cake plate with the chocolate frosting.
- Stand up the Kit Kats around the perimeter and tie with a ribbon to keep them in place.
- Chill the cake a few minutes to help them stick, too!
- Fill the cake with Whoppers, Sixlets, M&M's and lollipops. (Use whatever candies you like!)