This cheesecake is another winner. It received raving reviews at a family gathering and was actually pretty simple to make! Go ahead and try it-this caramel cheesecake will not disappoint!
Caramel Cheesecake With Ganache
- 45 oreos processed into crumbs
- 7 T. butter melted and cooled
- 3- 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ bag craft caramels
- 1 ½ Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine crushed Oreos and melted butter to moisten.
- Press into bottom and up the sides of springform pan.
- Freeze while you make cheesecake filling.
- Heat oven to 300° F
- Beat the cream cheese and 1 cup brown sugar on medium speed until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Add 3/4 cup heavy cream until blended. Pour this over the cold crust.
- Bake at 300°F 70-80 minutes until edge of cheesecake is set at least 2 inches from edge of pan. Middle will still wiggle a bit.
- Turn off the oven and open the door a bit. Let cheesecake sit there for 30 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for another 30 minutes.
- Chill in fridge a few hours.
- Melt caramels and cream in microwave until smooth. Pour over cheesecake, spread with offset spatula and chill.
- Microwave heavy cream and the chocolate until melted. Whisk smooth. Let cool 10 mins and pour over caramel layer. Chill again until solid and ready to serve. Carefully remove sides before serving..
adapted from betty crocker