Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ sticks soft butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup regular sugar
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup NESTLE semisweet chips
- 1 bag Nestle Caramel Filled Chips (Delightfulls-in the baking aisle)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Beat butter and both sugars until well blended.
- Add in vanilla, egg and yolk until light and creamy.
- Add in flour, salt and baking soda just until incorporated.
- Stir in both kinds of chocolate chips by hand.
- Optional: Chill 4 hours.
- Drop by 2 ounce mounds onto parchment.
- Place in oven and IMMEDIATELY lower temp to 375. Bake 9 minutes or until tops golden.
- Let cool on cookie sheets.
- For the second batch, put the oven back up to 425 and repeat the directions.
- MAKES 21 COOKIES (2 OUNCES EACH)