1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
½ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon fleur de sel
¼ cup sour cream
For the Brownie Batter:
1¼ cups Cup 4 cup gf flour or all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon table salt
2 tablespoons dark unsweetened cocoa powder
11 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
1½ cups granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
5 eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1½ teaspoons fleur de sel
1 teaspoon coarse sugar
2. Make the Brownie Batter: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. Line 9×13-inch pan with nonstick foil.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and cocoa powder.
5. Place the chocolate and butter in a microwave bowl and heat until melted.
6. Add three eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined. Add the remaining eggs and whisk until just combined. Add the vanilla and stir until combined.
7. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate. Using a spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until there is just a trace amount of the flour mixture still visible.
8. Assemble the brownies: Pour half of the brownie mixture into the pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Drizzle about ¾ cup of the caramel sauce over the brownie layer in a zigzag pattern, making sure the caramel doesn’t come in contact with the edges oft he pan or it will burn. Use an offset spatula to spread the caramel evenly across the brownie layer, leaving about a ½-inch border around the edges. In heaping spoonfuls, scoop the rest of the brownie batter over the caramel layer. Smooth the brownie batter gently to cover the caramel layer.
9. Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time, and check to make sure the brownies are completely done by sticking a toothpick into the center of the pan. The brownies are done when the toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
10. Remove the brownies from the oven and sprinkle with the fleur de sel and coarse sugar.
11. Cool the brownies completely before cutting and serving.
12. The brownies can be stored, tight wrapped at room temperature, for up to 4 days.