I love these Bars……chocolate chips, caramel, oats and brown sugar. You will love the smell coming from your oven when you bake these gems up!
- Oatmeal Carmelitas
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter melted
- 14 ounce package of light caramels unwrapped
- ⅓ cup half and half
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick foil.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, sugar, soda and salt.
- Add melted butter and mix till well combined.
- Reserve half the crumbs, about 3 cups.
- Press remaining crumbs into bottom of pan.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine caramels and half and half.
- Heat for 4-6 minutes on half power, stirring a couple times during the melting process, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Sprinkle crust with chocolate chips.
- Drizzle with melted caramel mixture and top with reserved crumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or till golden brown.
- Cool at least one hour before cutting.