- 1 stick salted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 pan with nonstick foil allowing sides to hang over for easy removal.
- To make the brownies, melt butter and chocolate in the microwave until smooth. Stir in sugar, eggs & vanilla until combined. Stir in flour and spread evenly in baking pan.
- To make the cheesecake layer, beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth. Add chips.
- Spread cheesecake over the brownie layer with an offset spatula.
- Bake approx 45 mins. Check around 40 mins but mine took 45. Let cool completely in pan, Chill and cut. Top with chocolate drizzle, if desired.
Adapted from GOURMET magazine