Cheesy Garlic Butter Breadsticks
These breadsticks were outrageous! They were supposed to be a snacking appetizer for us but once we started noshing on them, we put everything else away for another night! They are that delicious. I used this homemade crust. You can also use a dough from your favorite pizzeria to save a lot of time! Next time, I think I will up the oven to 450 for a little more crispness on the crust. I would also add some parsley right into the melted butter. You can use a homemade sauce to top these of your favorite jar. We love Rao’s….which I realized I was out of so I whipped up a quick sauce using a can of whole tomatoes, oil, butter, garlic, fresh oregano and 1/2 tsp. sugar. I just simmered until thick!
You may need:
- 1 pound pizza dough, store bought or homemade
- 4 T. butter, melted
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½- 3/4 lb Fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly (Depending how cheesy you want it!)
- parsley for garnish, chopped
- Marinara sauce to top the sticks (I like to use Rao's)
- Preheat oven to 425F. with a pizza stone in oven. (I may go to 450 next time)
- Roll dough into a rectangle on parchment.
- Mix garlic and butter and brush over dough.
- Sprinkle on garlic and oregano.
- Top with cheese and bake 15-20 mins on pizza stone until golden and bubbly.
- Top with dollops of sauce and sprinkle on the parsley.
- Cut into breadsticks.
- Sere with more sauce for dipping, if desired.
Adapted from Diane Morrisey
- 1T. olive oil
- 1 T. butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 28 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, crushed by hand
- a few T. fresh oregano, chopped
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- kosher salt, to taste
- ½ tsp sugar
- Basil, I was out of it but would be a nice addition!
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, red pepper, salt, sugar, basil and bring up to a simmer.
- Cook until thickened, stirring.
Sauce adapted from Kitchen Foliage
Leave a Reply