Cheesy Tomato Onion Galette
- 1 9 inch pie dough
- 1 cup ricotta (I like to use homemade or fresh from Whole Foods)
- ½c. smoked mozzarella, shredded
- ½c. caramelized onions (just cook sliced onions in butter/oil approx 20-30mins.)
- 2 large roma tomatoes, sliced
- fresh thyme
- olive oil
- egg wash (1 egg plus 1 tsp. water)
- Sprinkle tomatoes generously with salt and let them sit on papertowels 30-60 minutes.
- Roll dough out into a large circle and lay on a parchment lines sheet.
- Mix together cheeses, salt, pepper, generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Lay in center of dough.
- Lay onions on top.
- Overlap tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with more salt/pepper, olive oil, thyme.
- Fold dough edges in to form the galette. You want to see the tomatoes.
- Brush with egg wash
- Bake at 375 40-45 mins. (I like to use the convection setting on the oven if you have it.)