Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
Cherry cheesecake brownies combine the best of both worlds….brownies and cheesecake. Of course, the addition of cherries just makes them extra special! You could even used blueberry filling if you prefer but we are partial to cherries around here.
You may need:
- 1 cup butter melted, cooled slightly
- 2½ c. sugar
- 1 T. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1½ c. flour
- 1 c. cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 ounces room temp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ½ can cherry pie filling
- Line a 9×13″ pan with nonstick foil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix butter and sugar smooth.
- Add vanilla and eggs, stirring well.
- Add flour, cocoa and salt.
- Stir well.
- Spread half in bottom of the pan.
- In mixer, beat cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar until smooth.
- Spread this over the brownie batter.
- Top with dollops of cherry filling and spread a little.
- Drop on spoonfuls of the rest of the brownie batter.
- Try to cover some of the filling.
- Bake approx 35 minutes, until center appears to be set.
- Cool to room temp and chill in fridge before cutting.
Adapted from The Recipe Rebel