Kids will eat anything chicken related as long as it is followed by the word fingers. Just try it in a restaurant. Read them a list of 10 menu items and if chicken fingers is a choice I guarantee it will win. So I figured instead of making my boys chicken parm, I would make them chicken finger parm. See where I am going? Cute little chicken fingers covered with sauce and cheese….who could resist that!
- 1½ pounds chicken tenders (I love Bell and Evans)
- 3 eggs
- 1¼ cups seasoned bread crumbs (Use Aleia's Crumbs to keep this GF)
- oil, for frying (I use olive oil)
- 1½ jars Rao's sauce or your favorite
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella (depending how much cheese you like!)
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Dredge tenders in egg, roll in crumbs and fry until lightly golden.
- Remove to paper towel lined plate and let cool.
- Spread some sauce in bottom of 9x13 dish.
- Lay in the chicken tenders.
- Top with more sauce.
- Sprinkle on cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 20 minutes or until cheese is golden.