This chicken teriyaki is outrageous. Here’s a tip-buy your chicken already diced and this dinner is as quick as can be to prepare. We are talking 15 minutes or less and dinner is on the table! You can serve this over brown rice, white rice or some yummy lo mein noodles. If you want tons of sauce, you may want to double the recipe listed below. Below, is enough to coat the chicken well and have a little left over to pour on top.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1-2 T. oil to fry in
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 2 T. hot water
- sesame seeds
- chives chopped
- Pat the chicken dry and season with salt.
- Heat the oil in a wok over med-hi
- Add chicken and saute to brown all sides and cook for a few minutes. I like to cook it in two batches and remove to a plate.
- Once browned return all the chicken to the wok and toss to continue cooking through.
- Stir the sugar into the soy sauce and add to wok.
- Combine cornstarch and dissolve in water.
- Add to the pan and let the sauce thicken tossing the chicken until fully cooked.
- Stir frequently.
- Serve topped with chives and sesame seeds.
- Pour all of the sauce over the chicken.
Adapted from Cakes Cottage