Chipotle Honey Lime Shrimp
This chipotle honey lime shrimp makes a fabulous party appetizer. I even tried it on skewers this time and it was extra amazing! I love to make this early in the day and store it in the fridge. Then I serve it up chilled with toothpicks for easy service. This would also make a fabulous main entree for dinner. I would serve it over brown rice or with a huge salad! We always buy our shrimp at Costco! They are huge and delicious every time.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled/deveined
- 1- 2 tsp. ground chipotle
- Olive oil to cook with-1-2 Tablespoons
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- Juice of 2 large limes
- Zest from 1 lime
- 4 garlic cloves, grated in with a zester
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle
- Large bunch scallions, chopped
- Preheat grill pan with a little bit of olive oil. Season shrimp with salt/pepper/chipotle and cook on both sides.
- Prepare sauce by whisking all together.
- Pour over shrimp when it is cooked through.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Garnish with scallions
I love the coloring on the shrimp from the ground chipotle! I buy mine on amazon but you can check your local food stores too.