This is a show stopper dessert! Love cherries? I know I do! Love cheesecake and brownies? I know, I know, like who doesn’t? These 3 treats combine beautifully together to make this brownie cheesecake. It’s also really easy to put together since we are using a box mix of brownies! Betty likes to help us out now and again. You can of course, use a homemade brownie too if you prefer. I served my slices up with some Hershey’s hot fudge and extra cherries because, well-why not!
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix, prepare according to box
- 1 can cherry pie filling (Or use an additional can for decorating the slices)
- One 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Optional: hot fudge for serving
- Grease a 9" springform pan, line it with parchment and grease again.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Spread half the brownie in the pan.
- Beat cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar,
- Spread this over the brownie batter.
- Dollop scoops of the cherry pie filling on top, reserving a bit for the tops.
- Use the rest of the brownie batter to top the cherries.
- Spread carefully with offset spatula.
- Bake about approx 60 minutes until baked all the way though.
- Cool to room temp and then chill a few hours before cutting.
- Top with extra cherries you reserved or use an extra can if you want a lot!!!