Chocolate Candy Pops
Well, aren’t these super cute? I saw these on my friend’s site Sweet Violet Bakes and knew I needed to try these molds! I filled mine with a buckeye peanut butter filling and also some with rice krispies treats. The buckeyes were our favorites and pretty easy to make once you get your hands on this mold. I found mine at Amazon. You can also use these molds for ice pops so they are very versatile. You may need the melting chocolate disks. I like to use Merckens.If you want to fill yours with peanut butter filling check out this recipe for Buckeyes.
- Chocolate disks
- filling of your choice (buckeyes, krispy treats, etc.)
- sprinkles, if desired
- lollipop sticks
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler gently until smooth.
- Carefully pour some chocolate into the mold and use a pastry brush to evenly brush the bottom and sides. Don't pour too much or your pops will be too thick and hard to bite into.
- Pop in fridge-5-8 minutes until the chocolate is firm.
- Add the filling, filling up the extra space inside.
- Pour on a thin layer of chocolate to cover the filling.
- Push the stick into the melted chocolate and return to the fridge until set.
- Remove from molds.
- If desired, add a drizzle of chocolate and lots of sprinkles!