This cheesecake is about as yummy as it looks! And the secret ingredient? Ready? Sweetened Condensed Milk! This is the first cheesecake I have ever made with sweetened condensed milk and I have made A LOT of cheesecakes in my time! This was outstanding! This recipe was adapted from In a Nutshell so head over and say hello!
Cheesecake Moat-this thing is AWESOME!!!
9 inch springform pan – I love Fat Diddios!
- 25 Oreos
- 5 T. melted butter
- 24 ounces soft cream cheese
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1¼ cups mini chocolate chips
- Combine crumbs and butter,
- Press firmly into a 9 inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- Add 1 egg at a time to combine.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in half the chocolate chips.
- Pour on top of the oreo crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chips on top. (Reserve a few for when the cake comes out of the oven, if desired.)
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes until barely wobbly. I baked mine in a cheesecake moat. If you do not have one, use a water bath. Do this by wrapping the bottom and sides of pan tightly in foil. Place the pan in a large roasting pan and add some hot water just to go 1 inch up the sides of the cheesecake pan. This helps the cake evenly bake.
- Turn off oven and let cool 40 minutes in oven.
- Remove and cool to room temo.
- Run sharp knife around edges.
- Chill overnight and then remove sides of pan.