Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Those crispy edges are everything! My kids have declared these the best pancakes ever! Don’t mess with success and try these soon! You may also love Cookie Dough Pancakes and Birthday Cake Waffles. Pro tip: After sprinkling on your chips, add a drop of batter to cover them. This prevent any scorching of the chocolate when you flip them!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 5 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Extra butter for frying in the pan
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar in a bowl.
- In a measuring cup, whisk eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Pour the milk mixture into the bowl and mix just to combine.
- Pour in the melted butter and stir it in.
- Melt butter in skillet on medium.
- Use a ladle to scoop the batter into the skillet and sprinkle on some mini chips.
- Cook to crisp the edges and flip to finish cooking the other side.
- Place on a plate with more chips in between the pancakes. The heat will cause them to melt.
- Serve with powdered sugar, whipped cream and syrup.
Adapted from Cookies and Cups