Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
This recipe for chocolate chip shortbread cookies is inspired by my special friend, Christine! She is the master of these and always spoils me with a few around Christmas! Can’t wait for them this year. Fingers crossed that I get my annual supply !!! The shortbread is very rich and buttery and is complemented beautifully with melted chocolate on the ends. This really is a dreamy cookie that you will want to make for the holidays! Especially if you make large platters as this recipe bakes up a huge bunch….like 100! Try these cookies as soon as possible! It is also good to know that these cookies freeze beautifully. You can make this batch (it makes a lot) and freeze some for future occasions. Choose a really high quality of chocolate for dipping, too.
Which chocolates should I dip in?
I recommend using Ghirardelli chocolate. I especially love to chop up the bars and melt them down for dipping.
You will also love:
- 1 pound salted, soft butter
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- chocolate chips, melted for dipping
- Preheat oven 350.
- Beat butter, flour, sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in mini chips.
- Form small logs and bake on parchment lined cookie sheets 10-15 minutes.
- Cool and dip one end in melted chocolate.
- Chill in fridge to set up chocolate.
- Makes approx 100 cookies!
- Freeze well too!
Recipe adapted from the Joy of Baking