This may be one of my most favorite cakes ever! The chocolate cake is perfectly moist! The cheesecake is Junior’s so you know it has to be amazing. And the hot fudge? Perfectly delish! Top it with homemade whipped cream and Ghirardelli bars and you have a chocolate masterpiece!
Below, you will find the recipes for the chocolate cakes, the cheesecake layer and the hot fudge. To assemble, place all 3 layers on top of each other, top with hot fudge and whipped cream. Garnish with mini chocolate bars if desired! Mmmmmm!
Chocolate Cake Layers
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup hot coffee
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and line 2, 8-inch baking pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the dry ingredients & mix.
- Add in the buttermilk, hot coffee, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until well combined 1-2 mins.
- Divide batter among cake pans and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pans about 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool on a cooling rack until completely cooled. I froze mine at this point until ready to assemble the cake.
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 ⅔ cups sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- I LIGHTLY BUTTERED AN 8 INCH SPRINGFORM.
- WRAP IT IN FOIL AND PLACE IN A LARGER PAN FOR A WATER BATH. ONCE READY TO BAKE, FILL THE LARGE PAN WITH HOT WATER SO IT COMES 1 INCH UP THE SIDES OF THE SPRINGFORM PAN.
- BEAT 1 PACK OF CREAM CHEESE WITH 1/3 SUGAR & CORNSTARCH ON LOW 3 MINS.
- ADD THE REST OF THE CREAM CHEESE AND BLEND.
- TURN MIXER TO HIGH AND ADD THE REST OF THE SUGAR. ON MEDIUM,
- ADD THE EGGS, VANILLA AND HEAVY CREAM AND COMBINE JUST UNTIL BLENDED.
- BAKE 60-75 MINUTES AT 350. MINE TOOK 75MINS.
- COOL AND THEN CHILL FOR HOURS OR OVERNIGHT.
Fabulous Hot Fudge
- 4 tablespoons butter cut into chunks
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate chopped
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat and swirl it around in pan to coat sides.
- Add corn syrup and chocolate and stir until chocolate melts.
- Add sugars, cream and salt and continue to cook over medium till mixture comes to a boil.
- Using a candy thermometer, boil gently for 7 to 9 minutes, without stirring, until sauce is thickened and candy thermometer reaches 220-224º. Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce into 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup.
- Whisk in vanilla. Let cool a little while before serving.
- Hot Fudge will last 2 weeks. Cool sauce completely before covering and chilling.