Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Moist chocolate cupcakes plus rich peanut butter frosting. Need I say more? These are not your typical kiddie cupcakes though the kids will happily eat these up! These will, however, also appeal to the grown ups with their decadent combo of chocolate and peanut butter! I hope you enjoy these chocolate peanut butter cupcakes!
You may need:
- 12 tablespoons room temp butter
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup good cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 5 T. soft butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Hershey kisses, optional to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Beat butter and two sugars on high speed 5 mins.
- On med. add eggs, vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, and coffee.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- On low speed, add the buttermilk mixture and the flour mixture alternating in thirds.
- Start with the milk mixture and end with flour.
- Scoop into muffin tins and bake approx 20mins.
- Cool and frost. Top with a Kiss!
- Electric mix all till fluffy and combined!
Adapted from Ina Garten