Gotta love a dessert that starts with a box mix. Can’t really get easier than that. Top it off with some rich chocolate filling, peanut butter frosting and chocolate syrup and everyone will be smiling! This Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake will definitely be a crowd pleaser and it feeds a lot!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix prepared according to the box
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 T. peanut butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- chocolate syrup
- Bake chocolate cake according to the box.
- While baking, melt chocolate chips and then stir in the condensed milk and peanut butter.
- Poke the cake and pour on this chocolate to fill holes.
- In a mixer, beat peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy cream.
- Spread evenly over the chocolate layer.
- Chill hours.
- Top with chocolate syrup.
Adapted from Sweet Spicy Kitchen