Classic Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun! My son always loves chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast so we made these Classic Buttermilk Pancakes and added some chips. Perfectly delicious and very “fluffy’ as my son said!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
You may need:
Classic Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ rounded teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- chocolate chips as many or as few as you like-we added about 4-5 to each one
- In one bowl, whisk together egg, salt and sugar. Mix in buttermilk and set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together baking soda, baking powder and flour.
- Add this to buttermilk mixture.
- Then stir in the melted butter.
- Heat griddle or skillet and grease with butter.
- Pour rounds of batter onto hot griddle.
- Add chocolate chips and cover each with a dab of batter to prevent burning.
- Flip when bubbles on surface start to break, adjusting temperature of griddle as needed.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, and whipped cream, if desired.