Are you addicted to shopping at Trader Joe’s? Hopefully you have one close to you! I do and I just love going there. We are always up to trying something new and their produce aisle is amazing. Where else can you get white and purple carrots?! This cookie butter they make is awesome right out of the jar with a spoon. If you manage to not eat the whole jar, you’ll definitely want to try these cookies. I used 2 cups chocolate chunks for a chocolate overload cookie. Use less if you prefer!
Cookie Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- ½ cup salted butter soft
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup Cookie Butter
- 2 and 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the cookie butter.
- On low, add the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks
- Chill the dough a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F cookie sheets with parchment.
- Scoop balls of dough and bake 9-11 minutes.
- Cool 5 mins on sheets and remove to a rack.