Cookie Dough Covered Ice Cream Bars
This idea comes from Eat Pastry, check out their Insta page. It will most definitely leave you drooling! I served these with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and they were gone in a flash. To make the cookie dough “edible”-or just safer (though we have all eaten plenty of raw cookie dough, I’m sure) you just need to heat the flour in the microwave and I don’t use any raw eggs. It is deeeeelicious! Depending on how many bars you are making, you may have leftover cookie dough. You can grab a spoon and dig right in or check out these Cookie Dough Cones! The kids will go crazy for them!
- 1 box vanilla ice cream bars coated in chocolate (on stick)
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- ½ c. light brown sugar, packed
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 T. whole milk
- 1 c. flour (I used a drop extra until it was a bit thicker)
- ½ c. mini chocolate chips
- To make the flour edible, place in the microwave for 30 seconds in a bowl. Stir and check temp. Reheat for 30 seconds until it reaches 160 degrees-use a thermometer to check. Mine took a total of 60 seconds.
- Beat butter and the two sugars.
- Add vanilla and milk.
- Add flour.
- Add the chips and dig in!
- Place some cookie dough on each side of the bar and press gently.
- Once adhered, use a hot and dry offset spatula to help spread it smoothly.
- Lay on wax paper and return to the freezer.