There are lots of Cookie Monster Treats on Pinterest these days which reminded me of the fabulous Cookie Monster Ice Cream I once made. GOOD stuff! I thought I would try a Cookie Monster Cheesecake Bar and I am glad I did. A graham cracker crust, topped with a delicious cheesecake (turned an outrageous blue color) and lots of cookies on top-both Oreos and Chips Ahoy. Just had to add some “eyes” to make it look officially like the cookie monster we all know and love! Thanks to Oh Bite it and Small Town Baker for the eyeball idea. Oh Bite it made a Cookie Monster Cheesecake you can see here and Small Town Baker made an adorable Cookie Monster Fudge you can check out here! Never too old to love the Cookie Monster!!!
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 1 egg
- 2 T. flour
- ½ cup sugar
- sky blue Wilton coloring gel
- 10 Oreos, roughly broken
- a handful of Chips Ahoy minis
- Combine all and press into an 8 inch pan lined with nonstick foil. Bake at 350 for 7 mins and cool.
- Mix all ingredients on medium until smooth. Add the food color slowly until your desired Cookie Monster color!
- Pour into the pan and bake 10 mins.
- Remove pan and quickly top with cookies. Return to oven for 20 mins.
- Let cool, chill and cut.
- Add eyes by pushing gently into the cheesecake.