Cookies and Cream Brownie Trifle
Need a crowd pleasing dessert? Look no farther! This is a delicious winner! You can even take a short cut and use a boxed brownie mix and cool whip. But….if you have the time, the real whipped cream makes all the difference!
You may need:
- 1⅔ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 2 T. water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼c. powdered sugar
- 1 box chocolate pudding, prepared according to the box. (Mine called for 2c. milk.)
- approx 15 Oreos, mostly coarsely crushed and a few halves for top garnish if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. line 9×13 pan with nonstick foil.
- Stir sugar, butter and water in large bowl.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Spread into pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. let cool completely. Cut into small bite sized squares for the trifle.
- Beat cream in a mixer to soft peaks.
- Add sugar until blended
- Layer ingredients in the bowl. I used this order: brownies, whipped cream, oreos, pudding. The final top layer is whipped cream and lots of Oreos!
- Chill a few hours before serving!