Summertime screams creamsicles and now it doesn’t have to be in ice pop form. These truffles are made with white chocolate, orange extract and orange zest for a true flavor POP!
Creamsicle Truffle Ingredients
- 1/4 cup butter
- orange zest from half an orange
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. orange extract
- drop of orange food coloring
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Pour white chocolate chips into a medium bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter with zest. Stir in heavy cream and heat it in microwave until just under a boil.
- Pour mixture through a strainer while over the white chocolate chip bowl. Press with the back of a spoon to squeeze out all flavor from the zest.
- Sit for one minute. Add orange extract and food coloring. Whisk smooth. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Scoop out heaping Tablespoons of mixture and roll into balls. If too cold to scoop, let it sit on the counter a few minutes. Roll in powdered sugar. Chill and serve!
Adapted from Simpledish