Creme Fraiche Chicken
Creme Fraiche Chicken is a very rich dinner that makes you feel like you are eating in a fine restaurant!
- 8 medium bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 8 ounces creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Season chicken with salt/pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, Cook chicken skin side down for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken and add onions.
- Cook another 15.
- Transfer chicken to a plate leaving onions in pan.
- Add mushrooms and cook a few mins.
- Add wine, creme fraiche, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, and 1 teaspoon salt to the skillet.
- Stir for a minute.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Top with parsley.
- Let simmer in sauce a few mins on low.
- (If sauce too thick, you can thin with a little broth)
Adapted from Ina Garten