So we are all basically quarantined home for the Corona Virus and looking for some fun activities to keep the kids smiling! The family that decorates cookie together….has fun together! This idea was my oldest son’s and it was a fabulous idea! Just whip up some basic sugar cookies as the canvas, some royal icing colors to paint with and get creative! Sprinkles and candies for the top are optional and definitely don’t hurt! You can even choose theme for your cookies like emojis or just make it open ended allowing everyone to be creative. You may also like: Sprinkle Cookies or POP ROCK Cookies!
Here is my youngest guy hard at work!
This is the crafty work of my oldest son!
These cute cookies are my husand’s creation!b
You may need:
- 3 c flour
- ½ Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- Scant 1/2 cup water
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Roll out on floured surface and cut shapes.
- Bake at 350 10-12 mins and cool completely.
- Mix all 5 mins on low.
- Divide and add food coloring.
- Pour into piping bottles.
- (Too thick? Add more water! Too thin? Add more powd sugar)