Dutch Oven Pancake
This makes one impressive breakfast! You can fill it with your favorite berries and serve with powdered sugar, maple syrup and fresh whipped cream. This would also be delicious with sliced bananas! My kids loved it with strawberries and blueberries. Homemade cinnamon apple pie filling would be a nice twist, too!
You may need:
- 3 T. butter
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk, warmed 30 seconds in microwave
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- fresh fruit, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixer, beat with the whisk attachment the eggs, flour, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until lumps are gone and it is smooth.
- Put the butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet into the oven and let the butter melt just a minute or two.
- Remove carefully and swirl butter around. Pour excess butter into your batter and mix.
- Pour batter into skillet and cook in oven for about 25 mins.
- Dust with powdered sugar, fill with fruit and serve!
- (Can cut into wedges and share.)
Adapted from Food Network