This is a treat you need to make. It will last in the fridge for weeks and you will find a million different things to pour it on. Cheesecake, ice cream, pound cakes, or just off the spoon. Shhhhh, that part about the spoon can be our secret!
My friend Liz (From That Skinny Chick Can Bake) and I have this awesome monthly feature called Two Sweetie Pies. Each month, we choose a recipe from the other’s blog and feature it. We do not tell each other which recipe we are working on until reveal day which is so much fun. This month I chose Lizzie’s HOT Fudge. Sounds crazy delicious, right? Well…….it is!!!!! Make this once and you will never want the jarred kind again. I promise!
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat and swirl it around in pan to coat sides.
- Add corn syrup and chocolate and stir until chocolate melts.
- Add sugars, cream and salt and continue to cook over medium till mixture comes to a boil.
- Using a candy thermometer, boil gently for 7 to 9 minutes, without stirring, until sauce is thickened and candy thermometer reaches 220-224º. Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce into 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup.
- Whisk in vanilla. Let cool a little while before serving.
- Hot Fudge will last 2 weeks. Cool sauce completely before covering and chilling.
Adapted from That Skinny Chick via The Chocolatier