Made these with my wonderful baking buddy!
German Chocolate Caramel Brownies
- 1 box german chocolate cake mix
- 14 oz pack of Kraft caramels
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk, divided
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Get your oven ready and 350 and line a 9x13 pan with nonstick foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the caramels with ⅓ cup of the evaporated milk. Stir smooth!
- In a bowl, mix the cake mix, ⅓ cup evaporated milk, melted butter and flour.
- Take half of this batter and press it into the baking pan. Bake just 5 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and sprinkle on the chips. Pour on the caramel! Mmmmm!
- Lay the rest of the batter across the top and pop back in the oven approx 15 minutes or until done.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars!
Adapted from Cooks.com