Hide and Seek Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
This hide and seek Oreo chocolate chip cookie starts with an amazing cookie base and a secret ingredient….pudding! Yup, pudding in the mix but just the powder form of it-not the prepared kind! The secret to get this insane level of chocolate goes beyond just chocolate chips. I did use some mini Ghirardelli chips but I paired them with Guittard chocolate disks. Wise decision! You could also use Ghirardelli baking bars instead and chop them up! Using chocolate bars/disks instead of chips will yield a chocolatey blissful cookie! Trust me on that! You may also love Twinkie Cookies.
You may need:
- 16 T. butter, soft
- ¾ c. white sugar
- ¾ c. dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 12 ounces Guittard disks (use less if you don't want as much chocolate)
- 1 - 2 cups mini chocolate chips-depending how much chocolate you like!
- Oreo cookies-1 per cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, pudding mix, salt and baking soda.
- Use ½ c. dough-flatten in your hand, place Oreo in middle and wrap dough around the cookie. Roll into a ball.
- Bake 16-19 mins.
- Let set on pan and then remove to a rack.
Cookie base recipe adapted from Picky Palate