For the CUPCAKES-24 cupcakes, line 2 muffin tins with cupcake wrappers.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In ta mixer, combine dry ingredients.
- Add in the buttermilk, hot coffee, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until well combined 1-2 mins.
- Divide batter among cupcake pans and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, about 15 minutes. Let cakes cool completely.
WHIPPED CREAM FILLING:
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Add the cold water to a small bowl, then sprinkle the gelatin over it. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes, until it has set.
- In a small skillet, add about 1/2-inch of water, and heat over medium-high heat. Place the small bowl with the gelatin directly inside the skillet. Stir the gelatin until it is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove the bowl from the skillet.
- In the mixer, use whisk attachment and beat the heavy cream & powdered sugar. Beat on high to soft peaks. Add in the melted gelatin mixture and continue to beat until stiff peaks have formed.
- Pipe the cream into the centers of the cupcakes using a pastry bag.
In microwave, heat:
1/2 cup heavy cream. Pour it over 5 ounces dark chocolate chips. Let sit 3 minutes then stir smooth. Let thicken 5-10 minutes. Dip cupcake tops into the ganache and chill to set.
I used canned frosting in a piping bag for the white details! Have fun!!!!