3 BUBBLY BAKERS CONQUER MRS. FIELDS, PROJECT WEEK 1
Jessica’s Marshmallow Clouds
Updated pics: June 2020 (quarantine!)
JESSICA'S MARSHMALLOW CLOUDS
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz mini marshmallows, frozen** (I DIDN'T NEED THEM ALL)
- sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment.
- Mix flour, baking soda and cocoa powder together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until blended. When ready to bake, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Hold 4 or 5 frozen marshmallows in the palm of your hand. Scoop batter up by generously rounded tablespoonfuls and mold around marshmallows, covering marshmallows the best you can. Dip tops in sprinkels if you're using them.
- Place dough balls on cookie sheets, spacing about 2 ½ inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. They firm up a bit as they cool.
- Makes about 3 ½ dozen
- **Make sure you freeze the marshmallows before using, otherwise they will melt.