Kinda No-Bake Worth The Wait 6 Hour Cookies
- ¾ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 egg whites
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1½ cups cornflakes cereal
- Place oven racks in the center and upper third of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Lay the coconut flakes on one of the prepared baking sheets and toast it in the oven until browned, 5-8 minutes.
- Watch closely!
- Beat egg whites on medium speed until frothy, about 2 minutes.
- Add cream of tartar and salt.
- Add sugar, increasing mixer speed to medium-hi. Beat to stiff peaks.
- This takes about 6 minutes and will look like melted marshmallows.
- Fold in the cooled coconut, the chocolate chunks, and cereal.
- Scoop batter onto sheets making approx 20 cookies.
- Put the baking sheets in the hot oven and then shut the oven off right away.
- Leave the cookies in the oven at least 6 hours without opening it!
Adapted from Joy the Baker Homemade Decadence
I can’t get the recipe to print. This is not the first time. It will print what is shown but the whole recipe isn’t there……What am I doing wrong?
PS: When I was able to print your recipes…..My family and friends loved the deserts. I have a whole notebook full of your recipes!
Hugs & Cookies xoxo says
Have you tried the print friendly option? I checked it and it works-see if it works for you. 🙂
Lynn Rickman says
Thanks, these look and sound amazing!