Layered Cheesecake Brownie Bars
Have you ever experienced the dessert time debacle? It goes like this… Cheesecake? Brownies? Cheesecake? Brownies? This dessert solves that conundrum! It is a combination of both! Yup, here you are actually marrying layers of brownie with layers of cheesecake. Pretty awesome, right? The presentation is beautiful, too. The whole thing then gets topped off with mini chocolate chips because, well, why not! Really feeling wild? Drizzle on some melted chocolate for a WOW presentation! How ever you serve these up they are sure to be an absolute hit! Try these layered cheesecake bars at your next party.
Want to save time?
You can even make these a day or two ahead of time and store them in the fridge. Just be sure to keep them well-covered so your layers don’t dry out. These are rich so you can slice small squares for your company or friends. Need a larger batch? No problem! Just double the recipe and use a 9×13 pan. The extras will never go to waste so making a larger batch is always a good idea!
You will also love my recipes for…
Can you almost taste it?
Just look at those rich, beautiful layers! Grab a fork and dig in!
You may need:
- ¾ cup butter
- 1¾ cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 ounces soft cream cheese
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 T. flour
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Optional: Melted chocolate chips to pipe over the tops!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9x9 pan with nonstick foil.
- Microwave butter and chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in brown sugar and sugar.
- Beat in 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add ¾ cup flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Mix well
- Beat cream cheese smooth.
- Add peanut butter, ¼ cup sugar, and sour cream.
- Add vanilla, flour, and remaining 2 eggs. Beat until smooth.
- Spread half the brownie mix in the pan.
- Top with half the cheesecake mix.
- Top with rest of the brownie batter and then the rest of the cheesecake mixture.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Cool to room temp and then chill several hours.
Adapted from Crazy For Crust! Please check out this blog-you will love it!
(originally Published here on: Apr 13, 2016)