Living in Lego Land
I am a mommy of two boys. Legos are a part of our life. Sort of like living in lego land! A part of my kitchen, the hallway, their rooms, the den….yes, they seem to be everywhere. When I found these edible lego candies in the local chocolate store I knew I just had to have them. But what I was going to do with them, that I was unsure of. I have had them for quite some time and it just struck me to make a lego cake. I borrowed some lego guys for this one. I knew the boys would be okay with that given the candy circumstances.
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- 1 bag Sixlets Candies
- 2 bags Lego candies (check candy store)
- Large Gumballs (or other candies like M & M's)
- Kit Kats (approx 12 full size bars to wrap around)
- Bake the cake according to the box directions in two 8 inch pans.
- Cool completely.
- Frost the layers on a cake plate with the chocolate frosting.
- Stand up the Kit Kats around the perimeter and tie with a ribbon to keep them in place.
- Chill the cake a few minutes to help them stick, too!
- Fill the cake with Sixlets, gumballs and Lego candies.
- Garnish with lego people!