Superbowl is coming and you need to be prepared with the cutest appetizer ever…this loaded cheese football! The toppings that coat this football are amazing! We are talking crispy, chopped bacon, sliced scallions and chopped salty almonds. Oh, and let’s not forget all of the cheddar cheese. Make sure you grate it yourself though. Those bagged cheese just don’t taste the same. Trust me on this one! You can serve this loaded cheese football with any of your favorite noshies….pretzels, pita chips, buttery crackers! I think your football fans will call this one a touchdown, indeed! I saw this awesome football and Peas and Crayons! You will definitely want to check this blog out for other amazing recipes!
- 16 oz soft cream cheese
- 8 oz brick medium cheddar, grated by hand (not the bagged kind!)
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ cup salted and roasted almonds, chopped
- 4 slices chopped, crispy bacon, (Cooked until crispy at 425 degrees.)
- 2 mozzarella cheese sticks (trim to make the laces)
- Electric mix the cream cheese and cheddar until fluffy.
- Add half the scallions, garlic powder and salt.
- Mold into a football shape on your plate/platter.
- Use your hands to coat the cheese with your chopped scallions, almonds and bacon.
- Lay cheese on top to look like the laces.
Adapted from Peas and Crayons