This one is a keeper, my friends! Talk about the perfect dish to entertain with for a summer lunch or bbq! This will feed a whole bunch of people so no worries there! Add whatever you like to this loaded orzo salad and make it your own!
Loaded Orzo Salad
- 5 cobs of corn
- 5 pats butter
- 1 pound boiled and drained
- ⅓ cup lemon juice fresh
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- combo of brussel sprouts broccoli, garlic, sliced carrots
- olive oil salt, pepper
- a bag of costco jumbo shrimp peeled and defrosted
- olive oil salt/pepper
- 1 pack manchego cheese cubed
- grape tomatoes
- I also sliced some leftover grilled sweet italian sausage
- Can also add toasted pine nuts 1 cubed avocado and fresh basil!
- Lay corn on pan lined with foil.
- Top with butter, salt pepper.
- Roast 425 20 mins.
- Cool and slice off the cob.
- combine oil and lemon juice. Pour over orzo. Add salt/pepper
- Lay cut veggies on foil lined sheet pan.
- Dress generously with olive oil, salt/pepper.
- Roast 425 for 25 mins.
- On indoor grill pan, heat oil and grill shrimp with salt/pepper.
- Pour veggies, shrimp and corn into orzo.
- Top with cheese and add tomatoes if desired.
- Sprinkle on toasted pine nuts, avocado and basil!
Here is the same base recipe with shrimp and steak! Amazing!