M & M Brownies
These M & M brownies are such a fabulous treat! These fall somewhere in between a cakey brownie and a fudgy brownie. They are thick, chewy and delicious! I used pink, red and white m & m’s for Valentine’s Day. You could easily swap out the candies for different colors to match any holiday! I am thinking green for St. Patrick’s Day and pastel candies for Easter! Red and green for Christmas would look wonderful, too!
You may also love:
- 4 eggs
- 1¼ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon (3 teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 bag M & M's
- Preheat oven to 350 and line 9″x13″ pan with nonstick foil.
- In a large bowl, add 4 eggs, and beat with cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Stir until fully combined and smooth.
- In the microwave, melt butter.
- When melted, add sugar, and stir to combine.
- Add warm butter/sugar mixture to the egg/cocoa mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until fully incorporated.
- Stir in M & M's.
- Spread batter into prepared pan, and smooth as needed.Bake brownies about 30 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick.
- You should find moist crumbs.
- Cool and cut.
- Top with some cool whip and a cherry!