2 Quart Baking Dish
Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and whisk in flour until smooth.
- Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in the warm milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes tilll thickened.
- Whisk in salt, black pepper, 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Stir in pasta.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a lightly greased 2-qt. baking dish
- Top with the rest of the cheese and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
Adapted from My Recipes
Beth Martin says
Definitely one of the best mac and cheese that I have tasted. The flavors are just phenomenal and the dish is just soo cheesy. It was also quite easy to make this the instructions are easy to understand.
Hugs & Cookies xoxo says
So glad you liked it!!!