My friend Liz (From That Skinny Chick Can Bake) and I have this awesome monthly feature called Two Sweetie Pies. Each month, we choose a recipe from the other’s blog and feature it. We do not tell each other which recipe we are working on until reveal day which is so much fun. This month I chose Lizzie’s Marshmallow Popcorn Balls. Below is Lizie’s recipe. I swapped out the bagged popcorn for movie theater popcorn since we had just been to the movies! I bought an extra bag of popcorn to sneak home for this treat! Needless to say, it was a hit! Thanks for another great recipe Liz!
You can also visit Lizzie on:
Popcorn & Marshmallows Balls
- 2 bags Jolly Time microwave popcorn, popped
- 30 large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkles, to decorate, optional
- Pop popcorn according to instructions on bag.
- Pour popped corn into a large bowl, removing any unpopped kernels.
- In another large microwave safe bowl, melt marshmallows and butter by heating for 30 second increments, stopping and stirring till melted. Stir till butter mixes with marshmallows.
- Add vanilla and mix. Add popcorn and gently stir till all the popcorn is well coated.
- With buttered hands, press popcorn into well packed balls. Dip in sprinkles if desired and press gently till sprinkles adhere.
Now I’m hungry!!! Great idea to use the movie theatre popcorn–makes these winners even easier!!! xoxo