If there was ever an unhealthy way to eat potatoes that was worth every single bite…this was it!!! This is the best potato dish I have ever made and I highly recommend it! You have to at least make it once!!!!! Loaded with butter, garlic and rosemary this is a very special dish that your family will love! It received rave reviews in my house. You may also love Scalloped Potatoes with Prosciutto.
You may need:
- 4 russet potatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2T. olive oil
- 10 t. butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the potatoes and slice off the ends.
- Cut into 1-inch slices.
- Season both sides of the potatoes with kosher salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and 4 tablespoons of the butter.
- Sear the potatoes on one side until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes and add the broth, rosemary and garlic.
- Cut the remaining 6 tablespoons butter into cubes and scatter on top of the potatoes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish by grating the cheese and spoon the pan sauce all over the potatoes.
Note: If you want to cut back on the butter a tad, use a total of 8 T. It is equally delish!
Adapted from Katie Lee